Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Entry Hall Tables

Entry Hall Tables



I’m still in search of a console table for my own front hallway that can hold up to the bold wallpaper I’ve chosen. I think it needs to make a bit of a statement, but it can’t be too formal. I’ve found some 17th, 18th, and 19th Century pieces on 1st Dibs. They have a presence but they’re not too overpowering. Wish me luck finding the right one in the right size and price range… but then again, the searching is most of the fun. If you haven’t been to 1st Dibs recently, check it out again and just peruse. You can really learn a lot in a short amount of time.




Above: A detail shot of the 1780's Italian table shown at the top. Amazingly, this is all original.




Above: An 18th Century Italian table with unusual legs and beautiful detail.


Above: Another 18th C Italian table. I love all those legs.




Above: An 18th Century French table. This one had just enough detail for me, but I'm afraid it is beyond the budget.



Above: A 1760's Swedish console table. I love the simplicity of this one.