Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The All Green Garden


All you have to do is drive by my house and you'll know that I'm not the gardener I want to be. I love a well planted and maintained garden, but I don't have the inclination or the know-how to make my yard & garden what I want them to be. I have been admiring the "all green garden" lately. I mean "green" in the old-fashioned sense... simply the color: green. Boxwood, ivy, and ferns are mainstays of the all green garden.


If my yard had a spot that would accommodate an allay of trees, I'd have one. I love the various greens, especially the green moss or grass growing between the random stone walkway.


When I do finally get to my outdoor space, it will most certainly have a mirror. There is something so unexpected about seeing a mirror outside and reflecting natural elements. Give it a try- there are plenty of resin or metal mirrors that will survive well in the great outdoors.