Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stop for a minute...


I don't know about you, but my master bath is totally utilitarian. It's nice, colorful, and easy to use.... but it's not a place where we'd stop for a minute and just take a breather. I love the feeling in this bath, which is likely a very "new" space designed by Cullman & Kravis. I love the beams, the chandelier, and especially the chaise lounge. They seem perfectly suited to the environment outside of the windows, and yet they don't scream "mountain cattle ranch".

The Romans perfected the art of bathing many years ago. It involved a lot of lounging that I think we bypass in our hurried, modern-day lifestyles. Perhaps I should rethink the corner of our bath and take away the decorative towel cabinet to add a love seat or comfy upholstered chair... and I'm sort of liking that mini tv mount too!

Side note: Lately I'm on a quest to become a decent runner again. I've been on my feet a lot this week trying to get my body used to more walking and running... today my legs just flat-out hurt. Lounging, slowing down, and comfort appear to be top-of-mind as I finish up this post, don't you think?