Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hollyhock & Suzanne Rheinstein


If you read any shelter publications you've likely heard of Suzanne Rheinstein & her Los Angeles store Hollyhock, Inc. I've long admired the antiques and new pieces that Hollyhock has decided to carry or reproduce. There is something very easy and old-fashioned , yet somehow current, about the aesthetic they share. The web site www.hollyhockinc.com is somewhat informative, but I'm still anxiously awaiting a trip to LA with Hollyhock at the top of my list.

One of my all-time favorites, Lee Jofa, has teamed up with Suzanne Rheinstein for a collection of fabrics that came out last fall. Prints that look hand blocked and have a lovely antique like feel... I love this collection of fabrics and I'm anxiously awaiting seeing a group of them used in one place (i.e. one of my clients' homes).

Check out these images of Rheinstein's home (same home for 27 years) featuring her Lee Jofa fabric collection. Plus a few fabric detail shots.