Monday, April 21, 2008

Suzanne Kasler

Suzanne Kasler




Of everything that I saw at the recent High Point Market, the collection I love the most is Hickory Chair's new furniture collection designed by Suzanne Kasler. I'm dying to get my hands on the catalog for this group, which is not yet on their web site. Here is a quick peak from the Designer Preview magazine from Market. What I love about this collection the most is that almost everything is available in 42 finishes. You can't believe the difference that finish and hardware have on the very same piece of furniture. I can't wait to use this collection!






I had admired Kasler's designs before and had even clipped an article on a French themed dinner party she gave for an Atlanta museum collaboration with the Louvre. I love the attention to detail, and of course, the overall elegant luxury of it all. The clencher for me was when I read that the event was catered by Blackberry Farm, one of my all time favorites.





Her style is both classic and French- she says her inspirations are architecture, antiques, fashion, Paris- all of which are evident in her designs. In addition to her layered yet not over decorated look, Kasler has an amazing sense of color. Check out this image from her web site of a tabletop.





If you don't yet know the work of Suzanne Kasler, take a closer look the next time you peruse your shelter mags. She's everywhere and her work is really beautiful.