Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blackberry Farm


I hesitated before I began this entry… Blackberry Farm is by far my favorite get-away on the mainland. When you find a place like this, you don’t really want the whole world to find out, but then again, you do want the world to find out and you want to see them do well. It would be impossible for the Beall family to not do well with Blackberry Farm. And unless you’ve been under a rock, you’ve seen a write up on either the food or the spa or the impeccable décor. Kreis Beall, the wife half of the duo that started Blackberry Farm, originally did all of the design herself and has now set up a company that carries on this work. When I spoke about detail in an earlier post, Blackberry is just that kind of place. There is detail and thought in just about every design and decision they have made. On top of it all, the staff is kind and accommodating in every way. My advice: bring your hiking shoes and forget about your diet.


Above: Image of a well-appointed guest room. Courtesy Blackberry Farm web site.


Just a peek at some of the details you’ll find. Image courtesy of O at Home Magazine.



Above: This photo was taken in the guest room that one of my family members stayed in. I loved the creative solution to covering the flat screen TV. Can't wait to do this one myself!



Being an animal lover, I went down to the pasture to see the sheep during our stay. Their caretaker was about to feed them and let me hang out and watch. They are like giant dogs and seem to like to be near people. Image courtesy of Blackberry Farm web site.